A chain of stunning, shallow lagoons are delicately separated from the Southern Ocean by a narrow sandy dune peninsula almost a hundred miles long in this beautiful park.
The fragile ecology is fed by the rich waters of the Murray River and supports an array of bird life from pelicans to migratory waders and other waterfowl.
Exploring Coorong National Park
This area is of tremendous spiritual significance to the local Ngarrindjeri people and there are a number of fascinating Dreamtime sites well worth exploring.
It is a delightful deviation from the road on your journey between Melbourne and Adelaide and there are half or full-day cruises available aboard the sleek and powerful ‘Spirit of the Coorong’ - an excellent way to explore.
Map of Coorong National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Coorong National Park
- Fleurieu Peninsula 102 kilometers away
- Adelaide 138 kilometers away
- Robe 138 kilometers away
- Barossa Valley 157 kilometers away
- Kangaroo Island 197 kilometers away
- Murray River 202 kilometers away
- Clare Valley 244 kilometers away
- The Grampians National Park 298 kilometers away
- Port Fairy 367 kilometers away
- Eyre Peninsula 398 kilometers away
- The Shipwreck Coast 446 kilometers away
- Daylesford & Macedon Ranges 447 kilometers away