Visit Viñales, Cuba
The landscape of Valle de Viñales is a designated UNESCO World Cultural landscape and is a peaceful rural region of western Cuba where impressive limestone 'mogotes' impassively guard rich tobacco plantations.
The mogotes are limestone outcrops which rise almost vertically out of the flat ground. This picturesque valley is popular for hiking, exploring caves or simply relaxing and taking in the surroundings.
It is also where the world's best dark tobacco is processed into its finest cigars.
Suggested itineraries featuring Viñales
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Viñales, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Viñales
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Viñales
- Western Cuba 23 kilometers away
- Cayo Levisa 36 kilometers away
- Las Terrazas 83 kilometers away
- Maria la Gorda 121 kilometers away
- Cabo de San Antonio 148 kilometers away
- Havana 150 kilometers away
- Varadero 264 kilometers away
- Cienfuegos 340 kilometers away
- Santa Clara 386 kilometers away
- Trinidad 395 kilometers away
- Sancti Spiritus 446 kilometers away
- Cayo Las Brujas 464 kilometers away
- Cayo Ensenachos 474 kilometers away
- Northern Cayes 475 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Viñales
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Viñales. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Viñales
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Viñales, and which use the best local guides.