Visit Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park, South Africa
The central and southern sectors of the Kruger National Park are the most popular areas and consequently have the greatest number of visitors.
This is due to the fact that they are the most accessible sectors and because the variety and quality of habitat makes for some of the best game-viewing in the park.
The Sabie River is one of the defining features of this area of the park, and if you are lucky enough to spot a leopard whilst in the park, it is quite likely to be in this area. Access to the southern sector can be by car, using one of the five gates (all of which are within easy striking range of Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport), or by light aircraft into Skukuza airstrip.
Some of the biggest and best-equipped restcamps are to be found in the southern sector, along with several private, luxury, concessions.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip to Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park by contacting one of our South Africa specialists
- Make an inquiry
Map of Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin 36 miles away
- Hazyview 38 miles away
- Kruger National Park 61 miles away
- The Escarpment 64 miles away
- Thornybush Reserve 67 miles away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 71 miles away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 73 miles away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 74 miles away
- Eswatini 89 miles away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 99 miles away
- The Elephant Coast 139 miles away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 173 miles away
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 175 miles away
- Lake St Lucia 189 miles away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 192 miles away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 193 miles away
- The Battlefields 219 miles away
- Johannesburg 228 miles away
- Spioenkop 266 miles away
- The Waterberg 266 miles away
- The Pilanesberg National Park 285 miles away
Photos of Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park
Accommodation choices for Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Skukuza Restcamp is perfect for those wishing to self drive in the Kruger National Park and has some excellent wildlife in the vicinity.
Olifants Rest Camp is situated in the Central Kruger on cliffs overlooking the Olifants River. The camp has all the amenities required including an on-site shop and restaurant.
This is a SANpark restcamp that is located in the far south of Kruger. The area is good for giraffe, rhino, wild dog and elephant are especially frequent sightings.