Visit Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park, South Africa
The central and southern sectors of the Kruger National Park are the most popular areas and consequently have the greatest number of visitors.
This is due to the fact that they are the most accessible sectors and because the variety and quality of habitat makes for some of the best game-viewing in the park.
The Sabie River is one of the defining features of this area of the park, and if you are lucky enough to spot a leopard whilst in the park, it is quite likely to be in this area. Access to the southern sector can be by car, using one of the five gates (all of which are within easy striking range of Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport), or by light aircraft into Skukuza airstrip.
Some of the biggest and best-equipped restcamps are to be found in the southern sector, along with several private, luxury, concessions.
Suggested itineraries featuring Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin 58 kilometers away
- Hazyview 62 kilometers away
- Kruger National Park 98 kilometers away
- The Escarpment 103 kilometers away
- Thornybush Reserve 107 kilometers away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 114 kilometers away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 118 kilometers away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 120 kilometers away
- Eswatini 143 kilometers away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 160 kilometers away
- The Elephant Coast 224 kilometers away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 278 kilometers away
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 281 kilometers away
- Lake St Lucia 303 kilometers away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 309 kilometers away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 310 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 353 kilometers away
- Johannesburg & Pretoria 367 kilometers away
- Spioenkop 428 kilometers away
- The Waterberg 428 kilometers away
- The Pilanesberg National Park 459 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.