Marataba Safari Lodge
This beautiful game lodge is in a private concession of the Marakele National Park in the Waterberg, around 3.5 hours' drive northwest of Johannesburg. The style is an intriguing combination of stone and canvas with a delightful genuine African feel to the main lodge.
The 15 tented suites are spacious with open-plan en suite bathrooms with huge stone baths, as well as indoor and outdoor shower. Each room's private deck has stunning views over the bush to the majestic mountains beyond, which glow pink when the sun sets. The food is innovative while the Marataba staff are exceptionally friendly and welcoming.
The Marakele Reserve itself has the Big Five as well as various plains antelope, giraffe and cheetah and the rangers are first-rate with knowledge on everything from dung beetles to elephant.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- 01993 838 550
- Make an enquiry
Photos of Marataba Safari Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favourite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
The Waterberg and nearby places
- The Pilanesberg National Park 70 miles away
- The Madikwe Game Reserve 85 miles away
- Johannesburg 132 miles away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 195 miles away
- The Escarpment 204 miles away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 206 miles away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 221 miles away
- Hazyview 229 miles away
- Thornybush Reserve 228 miles away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 237 miles away