Visit Pangani, Tanzania
Pangani is a pivotal 19th century trade center that has been largely bypassed by 20th century developments.
Pangani's colonial past
Endowed with a number of crumbling old buildings, dating from the earliest years of its existence through to the colonial era, Pangani retains the most traditional Swahili character of any of the ports on the north coast.
It also has a superb location, on the north bank of the mouth of the forest-fringed Pangani River, from where a gorgeous beach stretches northward as far as the eye can see.
When in Pangani there are some relaxed activities to do. The old town itself warrants a couple of hour’s exploration, you can arrange a boat trip up the forested Pangani River, a snorkeling excursion to Maziwe Island or walking tours of the inland.
Map of Pangani
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Pangani
- Tanzania's Swahili Coast 7 miles away
- Saadani 45 miles away
- Bagamoyo 72 miles away
- Dar es Salaam 100 miles away
- Ras Kutani 111 miles away
- Mikumi National Park 175 miles away
- Mount Kilimanjaro 198 miles away
- Arusha 212 miles away
- West Kilimanjaro 215 miles away
- Songo Songo Archipelago 219 miles away
- Tarangire National Park 227 miles away
- Longido 244 miles away
- Selous Game Reserve 246 miles away
- Southern Tanzania 251 miles away
- Lake Manyara National Park 258 miles away
- Karatu 270 miles away
- Ol Donyo Lengai 280 miles away
- Ngorongoro Crater 287 miles away
- Northern Tanzania 287 miles away
- Lake Natron 294 miles away
- Lake Eyasi 297 miles away
Accommodation choices for Pangani
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Pangani. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.