Located just a few kilometres from Banff, Canmore is a charming quiet town.
As it is just outside the national park limits it has not yet succumbed to souvenir shops and the busy pace of life which comes with tourism.
It has some lovely restaurants and bed and breakfasts and can be a better alternative base to explore the national park, especially during the peak summer months.
Suggested itineraries featuring Canmore
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Canmore, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Canmore
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Canmore
- Banff 12 miles away
- The Kootenays 32 miles away
- Lake Louise 43 miles away
- Yoho National Park 52 miles away
- Field 54 miles away
- Calgary 56 miles away
- The Purcell Mountains 75 miles away
- Claresholm 108 miles away
- Fernie 110 miles away
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump 122 miles away
- Waterton Lakes National Park 155 miles away
- Jasper 170 miles away
- Dinosaur Provincial Park 171 miles away
- Edmonton 187 miles away
- The Cariboo 207 miles away
- Naramata & Okanagan Valley 214 miles away
- Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park 216 miles away
- Wells Gray Provincial Park 229 miles away
Photos of Canmore
Accommodation choices for Canmore
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Canmore. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ambleside Lodge is a lovely bed & breakfast property offering rustic charm in the midst of a spectacular mountain landscape.
The spacious suites at Stoneridge Mountain Resort are equipped with all the comforts of home, have a full kitchen, fireplace and private deck or balcony. They offer easy access to the town and Banff National Park.