Pelee Island is Canada’s most southerly inhabited point and shares the 42nd parallel with cities such as Barcelona.
This small flat island, approximately six by thirteen kilometres in size, lies at the western end of Lake Erie and is reached by ferry from either Leamington or Kingsville.
The mild climate is ideal for vineyards, and the Pelee Island Winery is a well-known attraction.
Activities on Pelee Island
The pace of life here is slower so there is plenty of time to enjoy the beaches, cycle around the island, enjoy really fantastic birdwatching or visit the winery for a tour and tasting.
Map of Pelee Island
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Pelee Island
- Goderich and Lake Huron 144 miles away
- Niagara Falls 205 miles away
- Niagara-on-the-Lake 209 miles away
- Toronto 211 miles away
- Bruce Peninsula & Fathom Five National Marine Park 245 miles away
- Tobermory 245 miles away
- Port Severn 256 miles away
- Gravenhurst 272 miles away
- Manitoulin Island 278 miles away
- Huntsville 300 miles away