Steeped in historic charm, the town of Goderich on Lake Huron is frequently described as 'the prettiest town in Canada'.
It has several distinctive buildings including an octagonal town square, courthouse, Huron Historic Gaol, the Governor’s House and Huron County Museum.
Beaches and activities
There are three excellent sandy beaches on the lakeshore that are great for swimming, sailing and windsurfing and are often blessed with spectacular sunsets. Nearby Bayfield is another pretty historic village worthy of exploration.
Suggested itinerary featuring Goderich and Lake Huron
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Goderich and Lake Huron, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Goderich and Lake Huron
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Goderich and Lake Huron
- Bruce Peninsula & Fathom Five National Marine Park 103 miles away
- Tobermory 105 miles away
- Toronto 117 miles away
- Port Severn 124 miles away
- Niagara-on-the-Lake 137 miles away
- Niagara Falls 141 miles away
- Gravenhurst 141 miles away
- Manitoulin Island 144 miles away
- Pelee Island 144 miles away
- Killarney Provincial Park 163 miles away
- Huntsville 165 miles away
- Haliburton 183 miles away
- Algonquin Provincial Park 214 miles away
- Prince Edward County 224 miles away