With a white-brick façade, manicured shrubs and a picket fence, the Hotel Stadt Hamburg offers a classic luxe feel just minutes from the beach. Located centrally to shopping and dining and equipped with a high-end spa, the Hotel Stadt Hamburg is a laid-back, relaxing getaway on the German island of Sylt.
The hotel also offers a patisserie, a casual fine dining restaurant and an all-day bistro with a sun terrace for when you feel like staying in for a meal. You can also take advantage of the pool, Finnish sauna, sun loungers and gym, or relax in the spa with a facial, massage or beauty treatment.
Hotel Stadt Hamburg has 70 rooms, individually decorated but styled in the same traditional theme with patterned upholstery and wood furnishings. The suites feature a tranquil view over the hotel’s garden, and most offer a balcony or terrace.
There’s a lot we love about this hotel, starting with its location — it’s an easy walk to the beach, train station, shops and restaurants. The staff is also lovely and contributes to the home-like feel.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Germany specialists
- 01993 838 367
- Make an enquiry
Photos of Hotel Stadt Hamburg
There are 70 rooms and suites, all traditionally styled in varying hues of patterned fabrics and varnished wood, with original paintings and other artwork. There are three categories of rooms: Double, Suite and Single, though we don’t recommend Single as they’re a bit on the small side.
The suites look out over the garden, and most have either a balcony or terrace. They’re spacious, with a separate living room and a large bathroom. Some double rooms also have balconies or terraces, and the rooms themselves are generously sized. The en suite bathroom boasts heated flooring, and most have both a bath and shower.
Wi-Fi is standard across all rooms, but there is no air conditioning.
The hotel is located centrally in Westerland, and just a five-minute walk to the beach. The train station is equally close, and the Hotel Stadt Hamburg is close to the shops and restaurants in town. The area is quiet and mostly pedestrian only.
Food and drink
- Hardy’s Restaurant offers à la carte breakfast daily.
- Hardy’s also offers casual fine dining in the evening, featuring light Mediterranean cuisine.
- The Bistro Stadt Hamburg serves food all day and has a sun terrace, where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. The menu also features many local seafood options.
- Hardy’s Bar opens at 6pm and serves cocktails and bar snacks.
Facilities and activities
- Indoor pool and plunge pool.
- Finnish sauna and steam bath.
- Sun loungers/sun beds.
- Spa with relaxation and beauty treatments.
- The hotel can arrange bikes, horse riding, in-line skates, golf, tennis, etc.