Arguably one of the most attractive islands off the east coast of Borneo and accessed from Semporna, Mataking is the ultimate island paradise.
On this private island the Reef Dive Resort provides comfortable and relaxed accommodation, a superb retreat from the adventure of the rainforest. All 32 beach chalets are air conditioned and furnished with four poster beds, and all have spacious balconies looking out over the Celebes Sea.
Crystal clear waters, rich in both macro and pelagic life, surround the small island and are home to an underwater post office, a ship sunk in 2006 to create an artificial reef and a new conservation initiative to promote coral growth: reef balls.
The island is never crowded, and if you can tear yourself away from the gorgeous beaches, the resort spa offers pampering alternatives. it is an eco-friendly resort which is a great option for both divers and those who simply wish to relax.
Map of Mataking Island
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mataking Island
- Sipadan, Mabul & Kapalai Islands 46 kilometers away
- Kapalai Island 50 kilometers away
- Tabin Wildlife Reserve 70 kilometers away
- Danum Valley 131 kilometers away
- Kinabatangan River 158 kilometers away
- Sandakan 173 kilometers away
- Sepilok 182 kilometers away
- Deramakot Forest Reserve 192 kilometers away
- Maliau Basin 198 kilometers away
- Garama Wetlands 208 kilometers away
- Kinabalu National Park 312 kilometers away
- Mount Kinabalu 313 kilometers away
- Kota Kinabalu 351 kilometers away
- Gaya Island 362 kilometers away
- Manukan Island 362 kilometers away
- Mulu National Park 444 kilometers away
- Brunei 447 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Mataking Island
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Mataking Island. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.