At a lower altitude and much closer to Marrakesh, but still classed as part of the High Atlas Mountains, is the picturesque Ourika Valley.
This is a more populated area, so village visits and bustling market days are even more widespread, but there is also some truly majestic scenery to enjoy on a variety of walking trails. Some of the views here are very different to what you will find higher up – on one side of the Kasbah Bab Ourika, the best accommodation in the area, there is a rugged valley of browns and greens that is a dead ringer for Colorado!
There are again numerous expeditions that you can enjoy at Bab Ourika, from short strolls through villages and aromatic gardens to longer hikes taking in forests, rivers and waterfalls.
Map of Ourika Valley
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ourika Valley
- The Atlas Mountains 16 miles away
- Oued Mellah 33 miles away
- Marrakesh 34 miles away
- Ourzazate 50 miles away
- The Southern Oases Valleys 67 miles away
- Skoura 68 miles away
- Taroudant 89 miles away
- The Dades Valley 101 miles away
- The Draa Valley 119 miles away
- Essaouira 126 miles away
- Zagora 126 miles away
- The Sous Massa National Park 138 miles away
- Casablanca 164 miles away
- The Anti Atlas 177 miles away
- Rabat 200 miles away
- The Erg Chebbi 220 miles away
- Meknes & Volubilis 222 miles away
- Fez 252 miles away