Visit Minneriya National Park, Sri Lanka
Minneriya is a wonderful place to see elephants in the wild. Set around a 3rd century reservoir, it is a haven for wild elephants and a jeep safari here will bring you close to the large herds as they come to the water to drink.
Minneriya National Park, Sri Lanka
Minneriya National Park is a wonderful place to see elephants in the wild.
Jeep safari to see wild elephants
Set around a 3rd century reservoir, Minneriya is a haven for wild elephants and a jeep safari here will bring you close to the large herds as they come to the water to drink.
Birdlife in the park is excellent with the Ceylon fish owl and sea eagle amongst the species you may see.
This park’s location allows it to be easily combined with visits to Polonnaruwa and Sigiriya.
Map of Minneriya National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Minneriya National Park
- Sigiriya 9 miles away
- Polonnaruwa 11 miles away
- Dambulla 18 miles away
- The Cultural Triangle 21 miles away
- Pallepolla 33 miles away
- Anuradhapura 39 miles away
- Trincomalee 46 miles away
- Passikudah 48 miles away
- Kandy 53 miles away
- Nuwara Eliya 73 miles away
- Hatton 80 miles away
- Bandarawela 83 miles away
- Horton Plains 84 miles away
- Adam's Peak 87 miles away
- Negombo 91 miles away
- Colombo 103 miles away
- Uda Walawe National Park 105 miles away
- Yala National Park 109 miles away
- Wadduwa 114 miles away
- Sinharaja Biosphere 117 miles away
- Bentota 126 miles away
- Jaffna 129 miles away
- Tangalle 138 miles away
- Galle 144 miles away
- The Southern Coast 146 miles away