Visit Minneriya National Park, Sri Lanka
Minneriya National Park is a wonderful place to see elephants in the wild.
Jeep safari to see wild elephants
Set around a 3rd century reservoir, Minneriya is a haven for wild elephants and a jeep safari here will bring you close to the large herds as they come to the water to drink.
Birdlife in the park is excellent with the Ceylon fish owl and sea eagle among the species you may see.
This park’s location allows it to be easily combined with visits to Polonnaruwa and Sigiriya.
Suggested itinerary featuring Minneriya National Park
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Minneriya National Park, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Minneriya National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Minneriya National Park
- Sigiriya 9 miles away
- Polonnaruwa 11 miles away
- Dambulla 18 miles away
- The Cultural Triangle 21 miles away
- Pallepola 33 miles away
- Anuradhapura 39 miles away
- Trincomalee 46 miles away
- Passikudah 48 miles away
- Kandy 53 miles away
- Nuwara Eliya 73 miles away
- Hatton 80 miles away
- Bandarawela 83 miles away
- Horton Plains 84 miles away
- Adam's Peak 87 miles away
- Negombo 91 miles away
- Colombo 103 miles away
- Uda Walawe National Park 105 miles away
- Yala National Park 109 miles away
- Wadduwa 114 miles away
- Sinharaja Biosphere 117 miles away
- Bentota 126 miles away
- Jaffna 129 miles away
- Tangalle 138 miles away
- Galle 144 miles away
- The Southern Coast 146 miles away