Visit Field, Canada
This tiny settlement of wooden houses is situated in Yoho National Park, just over the provincial border from Lake Louise, at the opposite side of the Kicking Horse Pass
Encompassed by an amphitheatre of magnificent mountains, this is a perfect base for exploring the grandeur of the surrounding scenery.
Yoho National Park
Yoho National Park is less visited than nearby Banff, and has scenery of incomparable beauty, such as Lakes O'Hara and Emerald and the Takakkaw Falls.
Field village was created by the railway and this still dominates everyday life here. Nearby lie the famous Spiral Tunnels, a veritable feat of railway engineering whilst a more unusual local attraction is the Burgess Shales, an almost unique geological formation of sedimentary rock, rich in fossils of the Mid Cambrian period of 530 million years ago.
Suggested Field itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Field, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Field
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Field
- Yoho National Park 7 kilometers away
- Lake Louise 22 kilometers away
- The Kootenays 58 kilometers away
- Banff 69 kilometers away
- Canmore 87 kilometers away
- The Purcell Mountains 141 kilometers away
- Calgary 174 kilometers away
- Jasper 198 kilometers away
- Fernie 234 kilometers away
- The Cariboo 248 kilometers away
- Claresholm 257 kilometers away
- Head Smashed-in Buffalo Jump 276 kilometers away
- Wells Gray Provincial Park 282 kilometers away
- Naramata & Okanagan Valley 298 kilometers away
- Edmonton 313 kilometers away
- Waterton Lakes National Park 318 kilometers away
- Dinosaur Provincial Park 358 kilometers away
- Writing-on-Stone Provinical Park 432 kilometers away
- Whistler 478 kilometers away
Photos of Field
Accommodation choices for Field
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Field. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
A beautiful glass and timber lodge in a stunning natural setting, a stay here places you within close proximity of all the attractions of the area, including Lake Louise and Banff and Yoho National Parks.
This simple rustic lodge enjoys one of the best locations in Yoho National Park, overlooking beautiful Emerald Lake.
Ideas for experiencing Field
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Field, and which use the best local guides.
Enjoy a half day guided hike in the stunning Yoho National Park. The hike is approximately 3-4 hours long, and departs from Moraine Lake Lodge.