British Columbia holidays
A seaplane flight over British Columbia’s fragmented coastline reveals shards of forested land scattered across the Pacific, the surrounding waters plied by orcas, humpbacks and dolphins. On land, old-growth rainforests provide habitat for black, grizzly and spirit bears, which you can see from dedicated bear-watching lodges. As you journey eastward, the gentle, vineyard-covered hills of the Okanagan Valley give way to mountains, and the Canadian Rockies loom in the distance. Our Canada specialists have visited each corner of this popular province and will use their first-hand experience to plan your holiday to British Columbia around your interests.
The provincial capital, Victoria, is known for its manicured public gardens and streets lined with British-colonial buildings, which you can see from a horse-drawn carriage. You can learn about First Nations culture on Haida Gwaii — a string of sparsely populated islands that are the ancestral home of the Haida people. Then there’s Vancouver, a cosmopolitan metropolis of skyscrapers, multicultural restaurants and designer shops where you’re still never far from green parks, sandy beaches and snowy peaks. Wherever you want to explore in British Columbia, our specialists can recommend things to see and do that will suit your tastes.
Places to visit in British Columbia
Featuring heavily on our experiences of visiting British Columbia, these selected places are destinations that also prove consistently popular with our travellers. Our specialists can help you choose how to include them in your wider trip, based on your preferences.
Suggested itineraries featuring British Columbia
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in British Columbia, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Accommodation choices for British Columbia
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit British Columbia. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Map of British Columbia
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around British Columbia
- Bella Coola British Columbia
- The Cariboo British Columbia
- Fernie British Columbia
- Field British Columbia
- Haida Gwaii British Columbia
- The Kootenays British Columbia
- Naramata & Okanagan Valley British Columbia
- Prince George British Columbia
- Prince Rupert British Columbia
- Princess Royal Island British Columbia
- The Purcell Mountains British Columbia
- Salt Spring Island British Columbia
- The Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound British Columbia
- Vancouver British Columbia
- Vancouver Island British Columbia
- Wells Gray Provincial Park British Columbia
- Whistler British Columbia
- Yoho National Park British Columbia
- Port Hardy 275 miles away
- Northern Vancouver Island 293 miles away
- Jasper 300 miles away
- Campbell River British Columbia
- Tofino British Columbia
- Victoria British Columbia