Whistler has earned a reputation for being Canada’s finest year-round resort, and in winter, one of the best ski resorts.
A collection of villages two hours out of Vancouver along the Sea to Sky Highway: it offers easy access to the mountains and a plethora of year-round activities.
Whistler village is largely pedestrianised and has a great selection of shops and restaurants but the greatest attractions are found on the slopes of both Whistler and Blackcomb mountains that dominate the landscape.
Activities in and around Whistler
In the winter these provide exemplary ski conditions and are also used for snow-mobiling, dog-sledding and snowboarding, while in summer they become a play-ground for hikers and mountain bikers, with jet-boating, 4WD expeditions, white-water rafting, horse riding and heli-hiking providing the entertainment.
On one great trip you can travel by 4WD along the track to the summit of Blackcomb Mountain, passing through cedar-forested alpine valleys and stopping en route to take in breathtaking views of the glacier-capped peaks and the valley and village below. At the height of 1,981 metres above sea level the literal highlight of the day is a salmon bake barbeque at a mountain hut, complete with hot tub.
Suggested itineraries featuring Whistler
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Whistler, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Whistler
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Whistler
- Vancouver 96 kilometers away
- The Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound 130 kilometers away
- Salt Spring Island 152 kilometers away
- Campbell River 164 kilometers away
- Victoria 191 kilometers away
- Vancouver Island 192 kilometers away
- Northern Vancouver Island 204 kilometers away
- Tofino 238 kilometers away
- Naramata & Okanagan Valley 248 kilometers away
- The Cariboo 267 kilometers away
- Wells Gray Provincial Park 319 kilometers away
- Port Hardy 329 kilometers away
- Bella Coola 368 kilometers away
- Prince George 424 kilometers away
- Jasper 457 kilometers away
- Field 478 kilometers away
- Yoho National Park 478 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Whistler
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Whistler. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Whistler
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Whistler, and which use the best local guides.