Visit Eastern Townships, Canada
The Eastern Townships, or les Cantons de l’Est, lie on Québec’s southern border with Vermont and New Hampshire. It contains prosperous farms, splendid old mansions, antique and craft shops.
Eastern Townships, Canada
The Eastern Townships, or les Cantons de l’Est, lie on Québec’s southern border with Vermont and New Hampshire.
They were settled by United Empire Loyalists, who were hounded out of the United States after the American Revolution. Their loyalty to the crown was rewarded by the British with freehold land grants which led to many towns being given firmly English names.
Today most residents are francophone although the towns and villages around Knowlton and North Hatley remain staunchly tied to their British roots.
This is a region of prosperous farms, splendid old mansions, antique and craft shops and pretty lake-studded hills.
Suggested Eastern Townships itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Eastern Townships, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Eastern Townships
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Eastern Townships
- Montréal 150 kilometers away
- Québec City 186 kilometers away
- Mastigouche Wildlife Reserve 207 kilometers away
- Laurentian Mountains 254 kilometers away
- Mont Tremblant 254 kilometers away
- La Malbaie 301 kilometers away
- Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean 312 kilometers away
- Ottawa 314 kilometers away
- Saint Andrews by the Sea 367 kilometers away
- Saint John 443 kilometers away
- The Bay of Fundy 446 kilometers away
- Prince Edward County 458 kilometers away
- New Brunswick 465 kilometers away