Visit Ottawa, Canada
Canada’s delightful capital city occupies an enviable location high on the Ottawa River on the Ontario/Québec provincial border.
This is a city steeped in tradition which manifests itself in the magnificent Parliament buildings, the Governor-General’s residence and the many parks and gardens.
Things to see and do
The Parliament buildings, in particular the Peace Tower and library, are well worth a visit, especially during mid-summer when the Changing of the Guards ceremonies take place.
Another principal attraction is the Rideau Canal which freezes over in winter to form the world’s largest ice-skating rink.
As capital, the city is home to the National Gallery of Canada, the Canadian War Museum and the Royal Canadian Mint. The Museum of Civilisation is particularly impressive, with its insights into First Nations culture.
Map of Ottawa
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ottawa
- Laurentian Mountains 75 miles away
- Mont Tremblant 75 miles away
- Montréal 104 miles away
- Prince Edward County 124 miles away
- Algonquin Provincial Park 137 miles away
- Haliburton 140 miles away
- Mastigouche Wildlife Reserve 149 miles away
- Huntsville 172 miles away
- Gravenhurst 184 miles away
- Eastern Townships 195 miles away
- Port Severn 201 miles away
- Toronto 219 miles away
- Niagara-on-the-Lake 225 miles away
- Niagara Falls 233 miles away
- Québec City 236 miles away
- Killarney Provincial Park 281 miles away
- Bruce Peninsula & Fathom Five National Marine Park 285 miles away
- Tobermory 291 miles away