New Brunswick is renowned for being home to the Bay of Fundy, washed each day by the world’s highest tides.
Fundy National Park
Along this dramatic coastline you will also find Fundy National Park, the Hopewell Rocks, the vibrant city of Saint John, and charming Passamaquoddy Bay. The nearby islands of Grand Manan and Campobello are enchanting retreats from the modern world.
The provincial capital is Fredericton, a city of genteel villas and art galleriesm, whilst the pretty nearby village of Gagetown is famed for its old riverside houses.
Kouchibouguac National Park
To the east are the wonderful sand dunes and lagoons of Kouchibouguac National Park and the world-famous salmon fishing river, the Mirimichi.
The Caraquet region is home to many Acadian settlers and is an area where the 20th century has yet to gain a foothold. Other attractions include the leafy resort town of St. Andrews, Tidal Bore Park and Magnetic Hill in Moncton, Grand Falls Gorge and Fort Beausejour historic site.
Places to visit in New Brunswick
Featuring heavily on our experiences of visiting New Brunswick, these selected places are destinations that also prove consistently popular with our travellers. Our specialists can help you choose how to include them in your wider trip, based on your preferences.
Suggested New Brunswick itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in New Brunswick, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of New Brunswick
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around New Brunswick
- The Bay of Fundy New Brunswick
- Caraquet New Brunswick
- Kouchibouguac National Park New Brunswick
- Riverside-Albert New Brunswick
- Saint Andrews by the Sea New Brunswick
- Saint John New Brunswick
- West Point 85 miles away
- Cavendish 133 miles away
- Prince Edward Island 137 miles away
- Annapolis Royal 142 miles away
- Charlottetown 148 miles away
- The Gaspé Peninsula 164 miles away
- Pictou 180 miles away
- Spry Point 182 miles away
- Lunenburg 186 miles away
- Halifax 191 miles away
- La Malbaie 200 miles away
- Nova Scotia 202 miles away
- Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean 202 miles away
- Îles de la Madeleine 204 miles away
- Liscomb Mills 229 miles away
- Anticosti Island 239 miles away
- Québec City 241 miles away
- Charlos Cove 253 miles away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 255 miles away
- Ingonish 272 miles away
- Eastern Townships 289 miles away
- Louisbourg 300 miles away
Accommodation choices for New Brunswick
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit New Brunswick. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.