Visit the Gaspé Peninsula, Canada
The Gaspé Peninsula, Canada
The Gaspé Peninsula stretches northeast of Québec into the Gulf of St. Lawrence and is made up of some of the province’s wildest and most attractive scenery.
Popularly known as the Gaspésie, it is geologically the northernmost tip of the grand Appalachian Mountains, which come to a dramatic end at the Rocher Percé, otherwise known as Percé Rock.
Dense pine forests cover a varied terrain that reaches up to the 1,300 metre peaks of the Chic-Chocs mountains: excellent for walking.
On the eastern tip of the peninsula Bonaventure Island is home to North America’s largest gannet colony and the southern coast is dotted with 18th century fishing villages, beautiful gardens and fruit farms.
A good road circles the peninsula and allows easy access to all the highlights.
Suggested Gaspé Peninsula itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in the Gaspé Peninsula, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of the Gaspé Peninsula
Places & hotels on the map
Places near the Gaspé Peninsula
- Caraquet 77 miles away
- Anticosti Island 81 miles away
- Kouchibouguac National Park 141 miles away
- West Point 153 miles away
- Îles de la Madeleine 156 miles away
- New Brunswick 164 miles away
- Cavendish 170 miles away
- Prince Edward Island 180 miles away
- Charlottetown 191 miles away
- Spry Point 204 miles away
- Riverside-Albert 214 miles away
- Pictou 234 miles away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 240 miles away
- Ingonish 243 miles away
- Saint John 258 miles away
- Nova Scotia 263 miles away
- Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean 271 miles away
- La Malbaie 274 miles away
- The Bay of Fundy 277 miles away
- Saint Andrews by the Sea 287 miles away
- Annapolis Royal 287 miles away
- Liscomb Mills 287 miles away
- Charlos Cove 289 miles away
- Louisbourg 292 miles away
- Halifax 293 miles away
Accommodation choices for the Gaspé Peninsula
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit the Gaspé Peninsula. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.