Historic Pictou makes for an interesting visit when travelling through the maritime regions of Canada. Known as the birthplace of New Scotland, Pictou was where the first Scottish immigrants landed in 1773.
Today, there is a wonderful maritime museum and historical site where a replica of the Hector ship can be visited at the picturesque harbour front area.
The beaches nearby are well known for their warm water currents, and in summer, are ideal for a quick dip.
Suggested itineraries featuring Pictou
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Pictou, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Pictou
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Pictou
- Nova Scotia 30 miles away
- Spry Point 43 miles away
- Charlottetown 44 miles away
- Liscomb Mills 55 miles away
- Prince Edward Island 56 miles away
- Cavendish 65 miles away
- Charlos Cove 73 miles away
- Halifax 83 miles away
- Riverside-Albert 98 miles away
- West Point 104 miles away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 105 miles away
- Lunenburg 120 miles away
- Îles de la Madeleine 123 miles away
- Ingonish 129 miles away
- Kouchibouguac National Park 133 miles away
- Louisbourg 133 miles away
- Annapolis Royal 152 miles away
- Saint John 166 miles away
- The Bay of Fundy 170 miles away
- Caraquet 180 miles away
- New Brunswick 180 miles away
- Saint Andrews by the Sea 215 miles away
- The Gaspé Peninsula 234 miles away
- Anticosti Island 264 miles away