The small city of Charlottetown is the capital of the province of Prince Edward Island.
This charming city is full of leafy avenues of Victorian clapboard houses, evoking a tangible sense of yesteryear. It was here, in Province House in 1864, that the colonies of British North America convened in federation to form the nation that today is Canada.
Explore Charlottetown on foot
The city’s compact size lends itself to exploration on foot; the Confederation Centre of the Arts, St. Dunstan’s Basilica, Victoria Park, Founders Hall Museum and the delightful harbour front are all within easy reach.
The principal thoroughfares are Grafton and Kent streets, housing a collection of historic buildings and a good selection of restaurants and shops. Don’t miss a visit to 'Cows', something of an island institution, renowned for their delicious ice-cream.
Suggested itineraries featuring Charlottetown
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Charlottetown, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Charlottetown
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Charlottetown
- Prince Edward Island 13 miles away
- Cavendish 22 miles away
- Spry Point 36 miles away
- Pictou 44 miles away
- West Point 66 miles away
- Nova Scotia 73 miles away
- Riverside-Albert 85 miles away
- Kouchibouguac National Park 96 miles away
- Îles de la Madeleine 97 miles away
- Liscomb Mills 99 miles away
- Charlos Cove 111 miles away
- Halifax 113 miles away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 113 miles away
- Ingonish 133 miles away
- Caraquet 137 miles away
- Lunenburg 141 miles away
- New Brunswick 148 miles away
- Louisbourg 153 miles away
- Annapolis Royal 156 miles away
- Saint John 157 miles away
- The Bay of Fundy 166 miles away
- The Gaspé Peninsula 191 miles away
- Saint Andrews by-the-Sea 206 miles away
- Anticosti Island 225 miles away
Photos of Charlottetown
Accommodation choices for Charlottetown
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Charlottetown. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.