The Linyanti Wetlands are a vast area of pristine wilderness located in the north of Botswana, stretching from the Linyanti River to the Okavango Delta.
Wildlife of the Linyanti
The three private concessions within the Wetlands are the wildest in the country, surrounded by papyrus and reeds swamps, open grassland and riverine forests that are home to a variety of game and birdlife.
The entire area is superb for elephant but they are possibly at their most spectacular along the Linyanti River. Huge breeding herds numbering hundreds can be heard trumpeting their way through the papyrus to drink from the river. As the sun sets, watching elephant emerge from the water then trundle up the yellow plains to the forest in a cloud of dust is one of the great sights of Africa.
The wide open grasslands are frequented by herds of zebra, wildebeest and giraffe and in the shady forests you can hear baboon barking into the air.
There are also several prides of lion and this is also an excellent area for spotting the elusive leopard and rare wild dog.
Suggested itineraries featuring Linyanti Wetlands
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Linyanti Wetlands, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Linyanti Wetlands
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around Linyanti Wetlands
- Kwando Concession Linyanti Wetlands
- Linyanti Concession Linyanti Wetlands
- Selinda Concession Linyanti Wetlands
- Savuti Area 10 miles away
- Chobe National Park 44 miles away
- Khwai Concession 57 miles away
- Kwara Concession 59 miles away
- Shinde Concession 64 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 81 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 90 miles away
- Chief's Island 93 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 94 miles away
- Jao Concession 100 miles away
- Duba Concession 101 miles away
- Stanley's Concession 101 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 103 miles away
- Xigera Concession 104 miles away
- Gunn's Concession 105 miles away
- Abu Concession 106 miles away
- Nxabega Concession 107 miles away
- Xudum Concession 116 miles away
- Maun 122 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 123 miles away
- The Panhandle 126 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 162 miles away
- Central Kalahari 269 miles away
- Ghanzi 278 miles away
Photos of Linyanti Wetlands
Accommodation choices for Linyanti Wetlands
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Linyanti Wetlands. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.