Visit Chobe National Park, Botswana
Encompassing an impressive 10,700 square kilometers (4,150 square miles) of wilderness, the Chobe National Park stretches from the tip of northern Botswana to the fringes of the Okavango Delta. It has a wide range of distinctive landscapes, from the emerald floodplains of the Chobe River to the sweeping grasslands of the Savuti Marsh and skeletal leadwood trees in the Savuti Channel.
With such varied environments and habitats there’s a magnificent array of wildlife. A profusion of palatable grass species attracts a variety of herbivores, including wildebeest, impala, kudu, waterbuck, giraffe, and tsessebe. The puku is found, as is the endemic Chobe bushbuck. Predator sightings are good, with leopard, cheetah, wild dog, and large prides of lion that hunt elephant. From servals to side-striped jackals, the list is endless.
All that said, Chobe is most famous for its elephant and buffalo populations, both of which can herd in mammoth proportions. With an estimated 40,000 to 60,000 elephant, these gentle giants constantly surround you. In the dry season the Chobe River sees thousands lining the banks and crossing the water. Boat trips at this time provide excellent photograph opportunities.
Suggested itineraries featuring Chobe National Park
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Chobe National Park, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Chobe National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Chobe National Park
- Savuti Area 38 miles away
- Linyanti Wetlands 44 miles away
- Linyanti Concession 59 miles away
- Khwai Concession 64 miles away
- Kwara Concession 70 miles away
- Selinda Concession 70 miles away
- Shinde Concession 78 miles away
- Kwando Concession 84 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 88 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 89 miles away
- Stanleys Concession 102 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 102 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 108 miles away
- Chief's Island 110 miles away
- Gunn's Concession 111 miles away
- Nxabega Concession 117 miles away
- Xigera Concession 118 miles away
- Maun 119 miles away
- Jao Concession 120 miles away
- Abu Concession 122 miles away
- Xudum Concession 122 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 126 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 130 miles away
- Duba Concession 131 miles away
- Sepupa 153 miles away
- The Panhandle 161 miles away
- Central Kalahari 201 miles away
- Ghanzi 282 miles away
Accommodation choices for Chobe National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Chobe National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Chobe National Park
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Chobe National Park, and which use the best local guides.