Visit Chobe National Park, Botswana
Encompassing an impressive 10,700 square kilometers (4,150 square miles) of wilderness, the Chobe National Park stretches from the tip of northern Botswana to the fringes of the Okavango Delta. It has a wide range of distinctive landscapes, from the emerald floodplains of the Chobe River to the sweeping grasslands of the Savuti Marsh and skeletal leadwood trees in the Savuti Channel.
With such varied environments and habitats there’s a magnificent array of wildlife. A profusion of palatable grass species attracts a variety of herbivores, including wildebeest, impala, kudu, waterbuck, giraffe, and tsessebe. The puku is found, as is the endemic Chobe bushbuck. Predator sightings are good, with leopard, cheetah, wild dog, and large prides of lion that hunt elephant. From servals to side-striped jackals, the list is endless.
All that said, Chobe is most famous for its elephant and buffalo populations, both of which can herd in mammoth proportions. With an estimated 40,000 to 60,000 elephant, these gentle giants constantly surround you. In the dry season the Chobe River sees thousands lining the banks and crossing the water. Boat trips at this time provide excellent photograph opportunities.
Suggested itineraries featuring Chobe National Park
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Chobe National Park, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Chobe National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Chobe National Park
- Savuti Area 60 kilometers away
- Linyanti Wetlands 71 kilometers away
- Linyanti Concession 95 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 102 kilometers away
- Kwara Concession 112 kilometers away
- Selinda Concession 112 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 126 kilometers away
- Kwando Concession 135 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 141 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 142 kilometers away
- Stanleys Concession 163 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 164 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 174 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 177 kilometers away
- Gunn's Concession 179 kilometers away
- Nxabega Concession 187 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 189 kilometers away
- Maun 190 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 192 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 196 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 196 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 202 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 209 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 211 kilometers away
- Sepupa 246 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 260 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 323 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 454 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Chobe National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Chobe National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Chobe National Park
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Chobe National Park, and which use the best local guides.