Visit Gunn's Concession, Botswana
In the heart of the Okavango Delta, Gunn's Concession is dominated by the deep Boro River. A labyrinth of channels, lagoons and floodplains stretches out from the river, twinkling with the sun’s reflection, and covered in lilies. The sides of the channels have high walls of papyrus that rustle in the breeze. Look closely, and you’ll see crakes and gallinules hiding among the thick stalks, jacanas stepping across the floating vegetation, and pygmy kingfishers perching, waiting to dive.
The cries of fish eagles are a common sound. With islands of palms scattered across the waters, the Gunn's Concession has typical Okavango scenery. It is a beautiful, peaceful and enchanting concession to explore. Many of the activities in the Gunn's Concession are focused on the water. Mokoro (dug-out canoe) trips are perfect for birding, while boat trips are ideal for watching crocodiles, hippo and elephant.
The concession borders on to Chief’s Island, and walks here, as well as on smaller islands, are rewarding for spotting game. Walking, you might see tsessebe, impala, zebra, kudu, giraffe and buffalo. Warthog race away from you, tails high in the air, and baboon scamper up in to the trees, whooping and chattering as they go.
Suggested itineraries featuring Gunn's Concession
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Gunn's Concession, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
BotswanaView this tour
Botswana and ZambiaView this tour
Map of Gunn's Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Gunn's Concession
- Nxabega Concession 17 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 18 kilometers away
- Stanley's Concession 24 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 35 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 37 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 40 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 43 kilometers away
- Maun 44 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 46 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 59 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 67 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 68 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 74 kilometers away
- Kwara Concession 75 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 81 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 111 kilometers away
- Linyanti Concession 120 kilometers away
- Kwando Concession 126 kilometers away
- Selinda Concession 127 kilometers away
- Sepupa 151 kilometers away
- Savuti Area 160 kilometers away
- Linyanti Wetlands 169 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 169 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 172 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 179 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 192 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 195 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 279 kilometers away
Photos of Gunn's Concession
Accommodation choices for Gunn's Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Gunn's Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Located deep in the Okavango Delta, Oddballs Enclave is a simple, authentic safari camp overlooking a seasonal floodplain. From here, you can head out on bush walks and mokoro trips in search of wildlife.
Enjoying a secluded wilderness location in the heart of the Okavango Delta, Oddballs Camp is a relatively simple property that offers excellent value and a laid-back atmosphere.
Gunn's Camp is a wonderful safari camp with a true history (it was one of the oldest camps in the Delta). It is situated in a beautiful spot, surrounded by channels, lagoons and lots of waterlilies.
Deep in the heart of the Moremi Wildlife Reserve, overlooking the legendary Chief's Island is Delta Camp. The camp is a bird watchers paradise with over 250 species, including rare one's such as the Pel's fishing owl.