The Linyanti Concession covers 120,000 hectares of pristine wilderness.
It encompasses the winding Linyanti River, iridescent green papyrus swamps, shady forests and open grasslands. With such diverse habitats, the game is varied and prolific.
Wildlife of the Linyanti Concession
The concession area is superb for elephant, at their most spectacular along the Linyanti River, where breeding herds in their hundreds can frequently be seen crossing. They emerge, black and glistening, before trundling into the forests, trumpeting, cracking branches and leaving a cloud of dust in their wake.
There are some particularly pretty drives along the floodplains where red lechwe, impala, zebra, waterbuck and giraffe can be found, among a myriad of colorful birdlife including little bee-eaters, glossy ibis and wattled cranes.
Away from the river, forests of jackal berry and bird-plum trees are alive with large troops of baboon. Roan, sable, kudu, impala and buffalo can be seen shading under apple-leaf trees, and warthogs forage in the grass.
Finally, predators are ever-present with large resident prides of lion, hyena, leopard, cheetah and several packs of roaming wild dog.
Suggested itinerary featuring Linyanti Concession
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Linyanti Concession, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Linyanti Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Linyanti Concession
- Selinda Concession 21 kilometers away
- Kwando Concession 42 kilometers away
- Savuti Area 48 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 48 kilometers away
- Kwara Concession 48 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 52 kilometers away
- Linyanti Wetlands 53 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 78 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 95 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 98 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 99 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 100 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 109 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 115 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 115 kilometers away
- Stanley's Concession 116 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 117 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 118 kilometers away
- Gunn's Concession 120 kilometers away
- Nxabega Concession 121 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 136 kilometers away
- Maun 151 kilometers away
- Sepupa 151 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 165 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 187 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 240 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 394 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 395 kilometers away