The Selinda Concession covers 1,350 sq km of wilderness, which stretches southeast from the Linyanti River toward the Okavango Delta and encompasses vast floodplains fragrant with wild sage and seasonal wetlands with tall reeds and papyrus.
There are tiny palm islands where baboons sit on termite mounds, and the sparkling Linyanti Lagoon with resident hippo and flocks of pink-backed pelicans.
Wildlife of Selinda
Selinda has excellent resident game, including many antelope (roan, sable, giraffe, reedbuck and red lechwe) which are joined in June by large herds of zebra and wildebeest. It’s an excellent reserve for cheetah, spotted hyena and large prides of lion. Selinda has several resident prides, many of which number twenty or more and are frequently found hunting hippo. With two packs of wild dog in the area it is one of Botswana’s best reserves for viewing this rare animal. Finally, from June onward buffalo and breeding herds of elephant frequent the reserve, attracted by the water.
There are two permanent camps in the reserve, Selinda Camp and Zibalianja Camp and two walking camps. All are privately owned and have friendly and excellent guides.
Selinda Walking Trails
The Selinda Reserve has expert walking guides and is Botswana’s best reserve for walking safaris. There are two small mobile camps, Mokoba and Tshwene, which have three tents each, hot bucket showers and open air dining rooms under trees.
The camps are about eight kilometers apart and guests can walk from one to the other, as well as to Selinda or Zibalianja Camp.
On a morning’s walk you might track elephant and have tea and biscuits on a termite mound. Accompanied by both guides and trackers, the walking safaris are well organized and rewarding.
Map of Selinda Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Selinda Concession
- Linyanti Concession 21 kilometers away
- Kwando Concession 23 kilometers away
- Linyanti Wetlands 58 kilometers away
- Savuti Area 58 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 61 kilometers away
- Kwara Concession 61 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 64 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 75 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 100 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 101 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 105 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 106 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 109 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 112 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 114 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 116 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 117 kilometers away
- Nxabega Concession 126 kilometers away
- Gunn's Concession 127 kilometers away
- Stanley's Concession 127 kilometers away
- Sepupa 135 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 142 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 148 kilometers away
- Maun 162 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 207 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 259 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 316 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 398 kilometers away
Photos of Selinda Concession
Accommodation choices for Selinda Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Selinda Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.