Visit Selinda Concession, Botswana
The Selinda Concession covers 1,350km2 of wilderness, which stretches southeast from the Linyanti River towards the Okavango Delta. It has excellent resident game, and there are two permanent camps in the reserve from which to view it.
Selinda Concession, Botswana
The Selinda Concession covers 1,350km2 of wilderness, which stretches southeast from the Linyanti River towards the Okavango Delta and encompasses vast floodplains fragrant with wild sage and seasonal wetlands with tall reeds and papyrus.
There are tiny palm islands where baboons sit on termite mounds, and the sparkling Linyanti Lagoon with resident hippo and flocks of pinkbacked pelicans.
Wildlife of Selinda
Selinda has excellent resident game, including many antelope (roan, sable, giraffe, reedbuck and red lechwe) which are joined in June by large herds of zebra and wildebeest. It’s an excellent reserve for cheetah, spotted hyena and large prides of lion. Selinda has several resident prides, many of which number twenty or more and are frequently found hunting hippo. With two packs of wild dog in the area it is one of Botswana’s best reserves for viewing this rare animal. Finally, from June onwards buffalo and breeding herds of elephant frequent the reserve, attracted by the water.
There are two permanent camps in the reserve, Selinda Camp and Zibalianja Camp and two walking camps. All are privately owned and have friendly and excellent guides.
Selinda Walking Trails
The Selinda Reserve has expert walking guides and is Botswana’s best reserve for walking safaris. There are two small mobile camps, Mokoba and Tshwene, which have three tents each, hot bucket showers and open air dining rooms under trees.
The camps are about eight kilometres apart and guests can walk from one to the other, as well as to Selinda or Zibalianja Camp.
On a morning’s walk you might track elephant and have tea and biscuits on a termite mound. Accompanied by both guides and trackers, the walking safaris are well organised and rewarding.
Map of Selinda Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Selinda Concession
- Linyanti Concession 13 miles away
- Kwando Concession 15 miles away
- Linyanti Wetlands 36 miles away
- Savuti Area 37 miles away
- Shinde Concession 38 miles away
- Kwara Concession 38 miles away
- Khwai Concession 40 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 47 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 63 miles away
- Chief's Island 63 miles away
- Duba Concession 65 miles away
- Jao Concession 66 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 68 miles away
- Chobe National Park 70 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 71 miles away
- Xigera Concession 72 miles away
- Abu Concession 73 miles away
- Nxabega Concession 78 miles away
- Gunn's Concession 79 miles away
- Stanleys Concession 79 miles away
- Sepupa 84 miles away
- Xudum Concession 88 miles away
- The Panhandle 92 miles away
- Maun 101 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 129 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 161 miles away
- Central Kalahari 196 miles away
- Ghanzi 247 miles away
Accommodation choices for Selinda Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Selinda Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.