The private Khwai Concession is situated adjacent to the world renowned Moremi Game Reserve. Here you will discover why the Okavango Delta is considered one of the jewels of Africa and indeed the world. It's mysterious, calming, unpredictable and very wild.
The concession area has lattices of twinkling lagoons and channels where the water is so clear you can see right to the sandy bottom. In the early morning, as the mist rises from the water you should see little bee-eaters perched in fluffy groups on the papyrus, malachite kingfishers diving and darting, silver fish jumping and possibly even some otters.
The waterways are carpeted in both day and night lilies. It is breathtakingly beautiful. Khwai also has large palm islands and large dry land areas, where the big game is found. Buffalo, zebra, wildebeest and giraffe can be seen in the long yellow grasses of the wide plains, while lion, leopard and cheetah are also present and the large herds of elephant are always wonderful to watch.
Suggested itineraries featuring Khwai Concession
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Khwai Concession, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Khwai Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Khwai Concession
- Kwara Concession 7 miles away
- Shinde Concession 17 miles away
- Linyanti Concession 30 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 34 miles away
- Selinda Concession 40 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 42 miles away
- Stanleys Concession 45 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 45 miles away
- Chief's Island 47 miles away
- Kwando Concession 48 miles away
- Savuti Area 50 miles away
- Gunn's Concession 51 miles away
- Nxabega Concession 54 miles away
- Xigera Concession 55 miles away
- Linyanti Wetlands 57 miles away
- Jao Concession 58 miles away
- Abu Concession 59 miles away
- Xudum Concession 61 miles away
- Chobe National Park 64 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 65 miles away
- Maun 66 miles away
- Duba Concession 76 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 94 miles away
- Sepupa 101 miles away
- The Panhandle 111 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 123 miles away
- Central Kalahari 160 miles away
- Ghanzi 224 miles away
Accommodation choices for Khwai Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Khwai Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Khwai Concession
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Khwai Concession, and which use the best local guides.