Visit Xudum Concession, Botswana
Located to the south-west of the Okavango Delta this huge private concession stretches for 25,000 hectares.
There are permanent channels here although the main floodwaters tend to reach this area in May or June, lasting through until October or November, at which point there are networks of pools and flooded plains ideal for mokoro and boat activities.
Wildlife of Xudum Concession
The varied habitat of open plains, thorny thickets and riverine forest interspersed with typical Delta islands provides excellent birdwatching opportunities.
There is also plenty of plains game including tsessebe antelope, wildebeest, impala, giraffe, zebra and red lechwe, plus large hippo pods and basking crocodiles around the Boro River. Large elephant herds are found here when food is plentiful and buffalo herds move through the concession in the dry season. The plentiful plains game attracts the predators, in particular prides of lion.
Activities include game drives, night drives, mokoro and boat trips (depending on water levels).
Map of Xudum Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Xudum Concession
- Gunn's Concession 11 miles away
- Nxabega Concession 12 miles away
- Xigera Concession 23 miles away
- Stanley's Concession 23 miles away
- Maun 27 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 28 miles away
- Abu Concession 28 miles away
- Chief's Island 30 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 37 miles away
- Jao Concession 38 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 47 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 48 miles away
- Shinde Concession 52 miles away
- Kwara Concession 57 miles away
- Khwai Concession 61 miles away
- Duba Concession 70 miles away
- Linyanti Concession 84 miles away
- Kwando Concession 86 miles away
- Selinda Concession 88 miles away
- Sepupa 94 miles away
- The Panhandle 105 miles away
- Savuti Area 110 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 114 miles away
- Central Kalahari 116 miles away
- Linyanti Wetlands 116 miles away
- Chobe National Park 122 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 123 miles away
- Ghanzi 163 miles away
Photos of Xudum Concession
Accommodation choices for Xudum Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Xudum Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
With a design inspired by the water lily, Xaranna is a romantic, luxurious tented camp set within a private concession in the southern plains of the Okavango Delta.