Visit Xudum Concession, Botswana
Xudum Concession, Botswana
Located to the south-west of the Okavango Delta this huge private concession stretches for 25 000 hectares.
There are permanent channels here although the main floodwaters tend to reach this area in May or June, lasting through until October or November, at which point there are networks of pools and flooded plains ideal for mokoro and boat activities.
Wildlife of Xudum Concession
The varied habitat of open plains, thorny thickets and riverine forest interspersed with typical Delta islands provides excellent birdwatching opportunities.
There is also plenty of plains game including tsessebe antelope, wildebeest, impala, giraffe, zebra and red lechwe, plus large hippo pods and basking crocodiles around the Boro River. Large elephant herds are found here when food is plentiful and buffalo herds move through the concession in the dry season. The plentiful plains game attracts the predators, in particular prides of lion.
Activities include game drives, night drives, mokoro and boat trips (depending on water levels).
Accommodation choices for Xudum Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Xudum Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Map of Xudum Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Xudum Concession
- Gunn's Concession 18 kilometers away
- Nxabega Concession 18 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 36 kilometers away
- Stanleys Concession 37 kilometers away
- Maun 44 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 45 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 45 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 47 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 59 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 62 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 75 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 76 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 84 kilometers away
- Kwara Concession 92 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 98 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 113 kilometers away
- Linyanti Concession 136 kilometers away
- Kwando Concession 139 kilometers away
- Selinda Concession 142 kilometers away
- Sepupa 151 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 169 kilometers away
- Savuti Area 177 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 184 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 186 kilometers away
- Linyanti Wetlands 186 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 196 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 198 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 262 kilometers away