Situated deep in the heart of the Okavango Delta, the Nxabega Concession is predominantly about water. Arriving by plane you can see the deep winding Bora River and twinkling channels crossed with a network of hippo paths and animal tracks.
Once on the ground you can explore the myriad of waterways further by boat and mokoro. Floating in wide lagoons you will find the waters carpeted with pink waterlilies, yellow gentians and the maroon water chestnut. The water is so clear you can see their green stems reaching to the sandy bottom.
The bird life is colorful and prolific with purple gallinules, black crakes, wattled cranes, squacco herons and slaty egrets easily seen. Finally, on the emerald-green floodplains red lechwe graze and saddle-billed storks fish for frogs.
Whilst game drives are possible on the larger islands amongst elephant, kudu, tsessebe, giraffe, lion and more, it’s really the water that’s the highlight here. Idyllically peaceful by day, at night the air fills with the clinking of reed frogs: unforgettable.
Suggested Nxabega Concession itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Nxabega Concession, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Nxabega Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Nxabega Concession
- Gunn's Concession 17 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 18 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 20 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 28 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 29 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 30 kilometers away
- Stanleys Concession 40 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 45 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 57 kilometers away
- Maun 58 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 59 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 59 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 70 kilometers away
- Kwara Concession 79 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 87 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 97 kilometers away
- Linyanti Concession 121 kilometers away
- Kwando Concession 122 kilometers away
- Selinda Concession 126 kilometers away
- Sepupa 136 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 154 kilometers away
- Savuti Area 164 kilometers away
- Linyanti Wetlands 172 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 187 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 188 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 203 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 208 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 275 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Nxabega Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Nxabega Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Nxabega Concession
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Nxabega Concession, and which use the best local guides.