Visit Khwai Concession, Botswana
The private Khwai Concession is situated adjacent to the world renowned Moremi Game Reserve. Here you will discover why the Okavango Delta is considered one of the jewels of Africa and indeed the world. It's mysterious, calming, unpredictable and very wild.
The concession area has lattices of twinkling lagoons and channels where the water is so clear you can see right to the sandy bottom. In the early morning, as the mist rises from the water you should see little bee-eaters perched in fluffy groups on the papyrus, malachite kingfishers diving and darting, silver fish jumping and possibly even some otters.
The waterways are carpeted in both day and night lilies. It is breathtakingly beautiful. Khwai also has large palm islands and large dry land areas, where the big game is found. Buffalo, zebra, wildebeest and giraffe can be seen in the long yellow grasses of the wide plains, while lion, leopard and cheetah are also present and the large herds of elephant are always wonderful to watch.
Suggested itineraries featuring Khwai Concession
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Khwai Concession, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
BotswanaView this tour
BotswanaView this tour
Botswana and ZambiaView this tour
Map of Khwai Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Khwai Concession
- Kwara Concession 11 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 27 kilometers away
- Linyanti Concession 48 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 54 kilometers away
- Selinda Concession 64 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 68 kilometers away
- Stanleys Concession 72 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 73 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 76 kilometers away
- Kwando Concession 76 kilometers away
- Savuti Area 80 kilometers away
- Gunn's Concession 81 kilometers away
- Nxabega Concession 87 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 88 kilometers away
- Linyanti Wetlands 91 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 92 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 95 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 98 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 102 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 104 kilometers away
- Maun 106 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 122 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 151 kilometers away
- Sepupa 162 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 179 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 198 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 257 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 360 kilometers away
Photos of Khwai Concession
Accommodation choices for Khwai Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Khwai Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Offering a one-off, exclusive stay in the middle of the Okavango Delta, Skybeds comprises three multi-level platforms that allow you to sleep under the stars in comfort and style.
Situated on a community-run concession bordering Moremi Game Reserve, Khwai Tented Camp blends in with its natural surroundings. It offers a range of activities, as well as exceptionally welcoming and attentive staff.
Exclusive and luxurious, Sable Alley offers a unique experience and wide variety of activities in the Khwai region
Sango Safari Camp offers guests a warm welcome and a comfortable base from which to explore both the Moremi and Khwai regions in the southeast of the Delta area.
An intimate and tranquil tented camp in a private concession bordering some of Botswana's finest game viewing areas
Belmond Khwai River Lodge is situated on the edge of a leadwood and fig tree forest, and is renowned for its large concentrations of mammals and it is not unusual to see many different types of wildlife from the comfort of your own private deck.
Ideas for experiencing Khwai Concession
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Khwai Concession, and which use the best local guides.
Your morning and afternoon activities will be taken either within the Khwai Concession, or in the lodge's community owned concession area, where you will be able to take part in night drives.