Visit Shinde Concession, Botswana
Shinde Concession, Botswana
The Shinde Concession is located in the northeastern Delta and shares a long southern boundary with the Moremi Reserve. With rich game densities it is excellent for photographic safaris.
Wildlife of the Shinde Concession
There are a large number of big cats including lion, leopard and cheetah, and given the open nature of the environment it's a good area for wild dog. There is an extensive network of channels and lagoons where you can boat among the waterlilies and papyrus to impressive colonies of herons, egrets, pelicans and storks.
Large palm islands provide the ideal environment for walking safaris, which are particularly beautiful in the early morning as the mist rises across the plains.
Suggested Shinde Concession itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Shinde Concession, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Shinde Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Shinde Concession
- Kwara Concession 16 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 27 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 42 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 50 kilometers away
- Linyanti Concession 52 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 53 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 56 kilometers away
- Selinda Concession 61 kilometers away
- Kwando Concession 65 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 66 kilometers away
- Stanleys Concession 67 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 67 kilometers away
- Gunn's Concession 68 kilometers away
- Nxabega Concession 70 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 71 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 78 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 84 kilometers away
- Savuti Area 95 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 96 kilometers away
- Maun 102 kilometers away
- Linyanti Wetlands 103 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 126 kilometers away
- Sepupa 137 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 154 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 172 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 214 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 256 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 344 kilometers away
Photos of Shinde Concession
Accommodation choices for Shinde Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Shinde Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Set in the heart of the northern Okavango Delta and surrounded by clear waterways teeming with birdlife and game, Shinde boasts a real air of elegance and classic safari charm. The camp itself sits on a vast palm island and offers breath-taking views across the delta.
Camp Okavango consists of open sided thatched buildings with a large spacious lounge adjoining the bar. All eleven spacious rooms are on raised wooden platforms with a front deck overlooking the reeds of the Delta. This camp offers year-round water activities.
Footsteps Across The Delta is a tiny camp in a wild area of the Shinde Concession. Footsteps is a magical and unique opportunity to explore one of the most pristine Yellow billed stork areas of the Okavango Delta.