The Shinde Concession is located in the northeastern Delta and shares a long southern boundary with the Moremi Reserve. With rich game densities it is excellent for photographic safaris.
Wildlife of the Shinde Concession
There are a large number of big cats including lion, leopard and cheetah, and given the open nature of the environment it's a good area for wild dog. There is an extensive network of channels and lagoons where you can boat among the waterlilies and papyrus to impressive colonies of herons, egrets, pelicans and storks.
Large palm islands provide the ideal environment for walking safaris, which are particularly beautiful in the early morning as the mist rises across the plains.
Suggested itinerary featuring Shinde Concession
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Shinde Concession, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Shinde Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Shinde Concession
- Kwara Concession 10 miles away
- Khwai Concession 17 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 26 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 31 miles away
- Chief's Island 32 miles away
- Linyanti Concession 33 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 35 miles away
- Selinda Concession 38 miles away
- Kwando Concession 41 miles away
- Xigera Concession 41 miles away
- Stanley's Concession 42 miles away
- Jao Concession 42 miles away
- Gunn's Concession 42 miles away
- Nxabega Concession 44 miles away
- Abu Concession 45 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 49 miles away
- Xudum Concession 52 miles away
- Savuti Area 59 miles away
- Duba Concession 60 miles away
- Maun 63 miles away
- Linyanti Wetlands 64 miles away
- Chobe National Park 78 miles away
- Sepupa 85 miles away
- The Panhandle 96 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 107 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 133 miles away
- Central Kalahari 159 miles away
- Ghanzi 214 miles away
Photos of Shinde Concession
Accommodation choices for Shinde Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Shinde Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Set in the heart of the northern Okavango Delta and surrounded by clear waterways teeming with birdlife and game, Shinde boasts a real air of elegance and classic safari charm. The camp itself sits on a vast palm island and offers breath-taking views across the delta.
Camp Okavango consists of open sided thatched buildings with a large spacious lounge adjoining the bar. All eleven spacious rooms are on raised wooden platforms with a front deck overlooking the reeds of the Delta. This camp offers year-round water activities.
Footsteps Across The Delta is a tiny camp in a wild area of the Shinde Concession. Footsteps is a magical and unique opportunity to explore one of the most pristine Yellow billed stork areas of the Okavango Delta.