The Xigera Concession is situated in the absolute heart of the Okavango Delta. The concession surrounds Paradise Island and encompasses permanent waterways, floodplains and lagoons.
Wildlife of Xigera Concession
There are tiny palm islands and a myriad of waterways covered in lilies. Dusky bream and silver squeaker fish can be seen in the clear waters whilst hippo and crocodile frequent the lagoons.
The birdlife is abundant with over 400 species. It's particularly colorful with coppery tailed coucals, malachite kingfishers and purple gallinules to name a few.
There are many varieties of antelope including the rare sitatunga and elephant are frequent visitors to the water.
Boat and mokoro trips
The Xigera Concession is not for those seeking the Big Five. However, it is an area superb for birdwatching and exploring the Delta by boat and mokoro.
Map of Xigera Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Xigera Concession
- Abu Concession 7 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 10 miles away
- Chief's Island 11 miles away
- Nxabega Concession 12 miles away
- Jao Concession 16 miles away
- Gunn's Concession 22 miles away
- Xudum Concession 23 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 25 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 28 miles away
- Stanley's Concession 35 miles away
- Shinde Concession 41 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 43 miles away
- Maun 48 miles away
- Duba Concession 48 miles away
- Kwara Concession 49 miles away
- Khwai Concession 55 miles away
- Kwando Concession 68 miles away
- Linyanti Concession 71 miles away
- Selinda Concession 72 miles away
- The Panhandle 84 miles away
- Savuti Area 100 miles away
- Linyanti Wetlands 104 miles away
- Chobe National Park 118 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 126 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 140 miles away
- Ghanzi 176 miles away
- Central Kalahari 196 miles away