Visit Maun, Botswana
Maun is a small but delightful little town, an eclectic mixture of modern buildings and traditional homes.
Maun: base for expeditions into the Okavango Delta
On the edge of incredible wilderness many visitors to Maun stay just for a day or two before setting off on expeditions into Moremi or fly-in safaris to the Okavango Delta.
With the construction of a tar road from Nata and the increase in tourism to the Delta, Maun has grown in recent years from not much more than a village into a bustling little town with shops, hotels and lodges.
Herdsmen wander along the dusty curbside driving their cattle to market and traditional houses are dotted along the wide banks of the Thamalakane River. On the banks, it is possible to see red lechwe grazing next to local donkeys, goats and cattle.
Suggested itineraries featuring Maun
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Maun, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Botswana and Zambia
South Africa, Botswana and Zambia
Map of Maun
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Maun
- Stanleys Concession 22 miles away
- Xudum Concession 27 miles away
- Gunn's Concession 28 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 33 miles away
- Nxabega Concession 36 miles away
- Xigera Concession 48 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 50 miles away
- Chief's Island 52 miles away
- Abu Concession 54 miles away
- Shinde Concession 63 miles away
- Jao Concession 64 miles away
- Kwara Concession 64 miles away
- Khwai Concession 66 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 68 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 72 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 93 miles away
- Linyanti Concession 94 miles away
- Duba Concession 96 miles away
- Central Kalahari 96 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 97 miles away
- Selinda Concession 101 miles away
- Kwando Concession 102 miles away
- Savuti Area 115 miles away
- Chobe National Park 119 miles away
- Sepupa 120 miles away
- Linyanti Wetlands 122 miles away
- The Panhandle 132 miles away
- Ghanzi 165 miles away