Visit Linyanti Concession, Botswana
Linyanti Concession, Botswana
The Linyanti Concession covers 120,000 hectares of pristine wilderness.
It encompasses the winding Linyanti River, iridescent green papyrus swamps, shady forests and open grasslands. With such diverse habitats, the game is varied and prolific.
Wildlife of the Linyanti Concession
The concession area is superb for elephant, at their most spectacular along the Linyanti River, where breeding herds in their hundreds can frequently be seen crossing. They emerge, black and glistening, before trundling into the forests, trumpeting, cracking branches and leaving a cloud of dust in their wake.
There are some particularly pretty drives along the floodplains where red lechwe, impala, zebra, waterbuck and giraffe can be found, among a myriad of colorful birdlife including little bee-eaters, glossy ibis and wattled cranes.
Away from the river, forests of jackal berry and bird-plum trees are alive with large troops of baboon. Roan, sable, kudu, impala and buffalo can be seen shading under apple-leaf trees, and warthogs forage in the grass.
Finally, predators are ever-present with large resident prides of lion, hyena, leopard, cheetah and several packs of roaming wild dog.
Suggested itinerary featuring Linyanti Concession
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Linyanti Concession, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Linyanti Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Linyanti Concession
- Selinda Concession 13 miles away
- Kwando Concession 26 miles away
- Savuti Area 30 miles away
- Khwai Concession 30 miles away
- Kwara Concession 30 miles away
- Shinde Concession 33 miles away
- Linyanti Wetlands 33 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 49 miles away
- Chobe National Park 59 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 62 miles away
- Chief's Island 62 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 63 miles away
- Jao Concession 68 miles away
- Xigera Concession 71 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 72 miles away
- Stanleys Concession 72 miles away
- Duba Concession 73 miles away
- Abu Concession 73 miles away
- Gunn's Concession 75 miles away
- Nxabega Concession 75 miles away
- Xudum Concession 84 miles away
- Maun 94 miles away
- Sepupa 94 miles away
- The Panhandle 103 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 116 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 149 miles away
- Central Kalahari 189 miles away
- Ghanzi 246 miles away