Visit Savuti Area, Botswana
The Savuti Area is a rich game area in the Chobe National Park. To the north the winding Linyanti River gives way to Namibia.
There is mopane veld, the dry Savuti Channel and a number of spectacular and very busy waterholes. As you might expect with such diverse environments the game is both prolific and varied.
Savuti's elephant population
The entire area is superb for elephant but they are possibly at their most spectacular besides the waterholes. Huge breeding herds numbering hundreds can be heard trumpeting their way through the bush coming to drink. As the sun sets, watching elephant immerge from the water then trundle up the yellow plains to the forest in a cloud of dust is one of the great sights of Africa.
Savuti's diverse fauna and flora
There are tall shady forests of jackalberry, leadwood, bird plum trees and knobthorn. Particularly large troops of baboon seem to frequent these areas, feeding in the trees, the sound of their crunching and barking echoing in the air.
Then, there are kudu, roan, sable, impala and buffalo. Warthog can be seen emerging from burrows in termite mounds early in the morning, francolins scuttle off the sandy roads and tiny bushbabies can be seen leaping from tree to tree at night.
Map of Savuti Area
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Savuti Area
- Linyanti Wetlands 10 miles away
- Linyanti Concession 30 miles away
- Selinda Concession 37 miles away
- Chobe National Park 38 miles away
- Khwai Concession 50 miles away
- Kwando Concession 50 miles away
- Kwara Concession 54 miles away
- Shinde Concession 59 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 78 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 82 miles away
- Chief's Island 89 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 90 miles away
- Stanley's Concession 95 miles away
- Jao Concession 97 miles away
- Xigera Concession 100 miles away
- Gunn's Concession 100 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 101 miles away
- Duba Concession 101 miles away
- Abu Concession 102 miles away
- Nxabega Concession 102 miles away
- Xudum Concession 110 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 114 miles away
- Maun 115 miles away
- Sepupa 120 miles away
- The Panhandle 128 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 153 miles away
- Central Kalahari 207 miles away
- Ghanzi 273 miles away
Photos of Savuti Area
Accommodation choices for Savuti Area
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Savuti Area. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Situated in the remote Savuti region of Botswana’s Chobe National Park, Camp Savuti offers an authentic, pared back safari experience.