Visit Kwando Concession, Botswana
Kwando Concession, Botswana
The Kwando Concession is one of Botswana’s wildest concession areas, situated in the far north of the country, along the winding Kwando River.
It is a place where lion stalk across yellow plains, crocodile slither into deep waters and the grunt of a leopard can be heard at night. There are plains where the scent of wild sage fills the air, ox-bow lakes where hadeda ibis cry and dappled ebony groves where roan and sable hide. Under vast skies, this untamed wilderness is the ideal place for those looking for an exciting safari.
Wildlife of the Kwando Concession
The Kwando Concession has excellent resident game that swells to great numbers during the dry season. Plains game is prolific and includes buffalo, lechwe, impala, blue wildebeest, tsessebe and giraffe. Elephant are present in large numbers and in the dry season a steady procession of breeding herds come to the river to drink. Several packs of wild dog roam the area and lion, leopard and cheetah are regularly seen.
Finally, night drives reveal civets, genets, honey badgers and spring hares.
Suggested Kwando Concession itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Kwando Concession, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Kwando Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Kwando Concession
- Selinda Concession 15 miles away
- Linyanti Concession 26 miles away
- Shinde Concession 41 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 41 miles away
- Kwara Concession 44 miles away
- Khwai Concession 48 miles away
- Linyanti Wetlands 49 miles away
- Savuti Area 50 miles away
- Duba Concession 53 miles away
- Jao Concession 59 miles away
- Chief's Island 59 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 59 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 59 miles away
- Abu Concession 67 miles away
- Xigera Concession 68 miles away
- Sepupa 71 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 75 miles away
- Nxabega Concession 76 miles away
- The Panhandle 78 miles away
- Gunn's Concession 78 miles away
- Stanleys Concession 81 miles away
- Chobe National Park 84 miles away
- Xudum Concession 86 miles away
- Maun 102 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 140 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 170 miles away
- Central Kalahari 198 miles away
- Ghanzi 242 miles away
Photos of Kwando Concession
Accommodation choices for Kwando Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Kwando Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Stretching along the banks of the Kwando River within a private concession, Lagoon Camp offers a range of activities year-round. Its exceptionally spacious rooms and main thatched area are beautifully presented, and staff deliver a highly personal service.
Enjoying a secluded location within the private Kwando Concession, Lebala Camp offers just eight tents looking out over the Linyanti floodplains. Each day, game drives and bush walks get you close to animals big and small.
Ideas for experiencing Kwando Concession
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Kwando Concession, and which use the best local guides.
As well as game drives enjoy activities such as fishing and walking. However the highlight of this camp are the boat rides and the river cruises.