Visit Kwando Concession, Botswana
The Kwando Concession is one of Botswana’s wildest concession areas, situated in the far north of the country, along the winding Kwando River. It has excellent resident game that swells to great numbers during the dry season.
Kwando Concession, Botswana
The Kwando Concession is one of Botswana’s wildest concession areas, situated in the far north of the country, along the winding Kwando River.
It is a place where lion stalk across yellow plains, crocodile slither into deep waters and the grunt of a leopard can be heard at night. There are plains where the scent of wild sage fills the air, ox-bow lakes where hadeda ibis cry and dappled ebony groves where roan and sable hide. Under vast skies, this untamed wilderness is the ideal place for those looking for an exciting safari.
Wildlife of the Kwando Concession
The Kwando Concession has excellent resident game that swells to great numbers during the dry season. Plains game is prolific and includes buffalo, lechwe, impala, blue wildebeest, tsessebe and giraffe. Elephant are present in large numbers and in the dry season a steady procession of breeding herds come to the river to drink. Several packs of wild dog roam the area and lion, leopard and cheetah are regularly seen.
Finally, night drives reveal civets, genets, honey badgers and spring hares.
Suggested Kwando Concession itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Kwando Concession, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Kwando Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Kwando Concession
- Selinda Concession 23 kilometers away
- Linyanti Concession 42 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 65 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 66 kilometers away
- Kwara Concession 71 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 76 kilometers away
- Linyanti Wetlands 78 kilometers away
- Savuti Area 80 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 85 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 94 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 95 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 95 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 95 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 108 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 109 kilometers away
- Sepupa 113 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 121 kilometers away
- Nxabega Concession 122 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 126 kilometers away
- Gunn's Concession 126 kilometers away
- Stanleys Concession 130 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 135 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 139 kilometers away
- Maun 164 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 225 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 273 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 318 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 389 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Kwando Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Kwando Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Kwando Concession
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Kwando Concession, and which use the best local guides.