Visit Stanley's Concession, Botswana
The Stanley's Concession is situated to the south of Chief's Island and controlled by local communities. With the Moremi Game Reserve as its border this is a classic Okavango concession.
The vegetation in the concession is varied and includes linear expanses of riverine forest with leadwood, jackalberry, marula and sausage trees. There are some particularly pretty concentrations of real fan palms as well as cathedral ebony groves.
There is water all year round due to the presence of the Mboro River, as well as seasonal floodplains and channels that are permanently covered in lilies and gentians.
Wildlife of Stanley's Concession
As you would expect with such a diverse habitat, the game is varied and prolific. There is a wide variety of big game including elephant, buffalo, giraffe, hippo, lion, leopard, cheetah and wild dog. Antelope are numerous and you can expect to see lechwe, kudu, waterbuck, zebra, wildebeest and hartebeest. Warthog can be seen scurrying through the undergrowth and vervet monkeys scampering from tree to tree.
The birdlife is superb with wattled cranes, saddlebilled storks and African spoonbills seen on the seasonal floodplains. It is a good reserve for raptors with bateleur eagles, black-breasted and brown snake eagles especially common.
Map of Stanley's Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Stanley's Concession
- Chitabe Concession 23 kilometers away
- Gunn's Concession 24 kilometers away
- Maun 35 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 37 kilometers away
- Nxabega Concession 40 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 54 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 56 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 57 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 67 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 67 kilometers away
- Kwara Concession 69 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 72 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 79 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 79 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 94 kilometers away
- Linyanti Concession 116 kilometers away
- Selinda Concession 127 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 129 kilometers away
- Kwando Concession 130 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 149 kilometers away
- Savuti Area 152 kilometers away
- Linyanti Wetlands 163 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 163 kilometers away
- Sepupa 170 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 170 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 188 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 189 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 291 kilometers away
Photos of Stanley's Concession
Accommodation choices for Stanley's Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Stanley's Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Stanley's Camp is situated in a 260,000 acre private concession in the southern reaches of the Okavango Delta. Perhaps one of the most wonderful features of Stanley's Camp is the interaction you can enjoy with a herd of semi-habituated elephant.