Visit Stanleys Concession, Botswana
Stanleys Concession, Botswana
The Stanley's Concession is situated to the south of Chief's Island and controlled by local communities. With the Moremi Game Reserve as its border this is a classic Okavango concession.
The vegetation in the concession is varied and includes linear expanses of riverine forest with leadwood, jackalberry, marula and sausage trees. There are some particularly pretty concentrations of real fan palms as well as cathedral ebony groves.
There is water all year round due to the presence of the Mboro River, as well as seasonal floodplains and channels that are permanently covered in lilies and gentians.
Wildlife of Stanley's Concession
As you would expect with such a diverse habitat, the game is varied and prolific. There is a wide variety of big game including elephant, buffalo, giraffe, hippo, lion, leopard, cheetah and wild dog. Antelope are numerous and you can expect to see lechwe, kudu, waterbuck, zebra, wildebeest and hartebeest. Warthog can be seen scurrying through the undergrowth and vervet monkeys scampering from tree to tree.
The birdlife is superb with wattled cranes, saddlebilled storks and African spoonbills seen on the seasonal floodplains. It is a good reserve for raptors with bateleur eagles, black-breasted and brown snake eagles especially common.
Map of Stanleys Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Stanleys Concession
- Chitabe Concession 15 miles away
- Gunn's Concession 15 miles away
- Maun 22 miles away
- Xudum Concession 23 miles away
- Nxabega Concession 25 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 34 miles away
- Xigera Concession 35 miles away
- Chief's Island 36 miles away
- Shinde Concession 42 miles away
- Abu Concession 42 miles away
- Kwara Concession 43 miles away
- Khwai Concession 45 miles away
- Jao Concession 49 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 49 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 58 miles away
- Linyanti Concession 72 miles away
- Selinda Concession 79 miles away
- Duba Concession 80 miles away
- Kwando Concession 81 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 93 miles away
- Savuti Area 95 miles away
- Linyanti Wetlands 101 miles away
- Chobe National Park 102 miles away
- Sepupa 106 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 106 miles away
- The Panhandle 117 miles away
- Central Kalahari 118 miles away
- Ghanzi 181 miles away
Photos of Stanleys Concession
Accommodation choices for Stanleys Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Stanleys Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Stanley's Camp is situated in a 260,000 acre private concession in the southern reaches of the Okavango Delta. Perhaps one of the most wonderful features of Stanley's Camp is the interaction you can enjoy with a herd of semi-habituated elephant.