Visit Gunn's Concession, Botswana
Gunn's Concession, Botswana
In the heart of the Okavango Delta, Gunn's Concession is dominated by the deep Boro River. A labyrinth of channels, lagoons and floodplains stretches out from the river, twinkling with the sun’s reflection, and covered in lilies. The sides of the channels have high walls of papyrus that rustle in the breeze. Look closely, and you’ll see crakes and gallinules hiding among the thick stalks, jacanas stepping across the floating vegetation, and pygmy kingfishers perching, waiting to dive.
The cries of fish eagles are a common sound. With islands of palms scattered across the waters, the Gunn's Concession has typical Okavango scenery. It is a beautiful, peaceful and enchanting concession to explore. Many of the activities in the Gunn's Concession are focused on the water. Mokoro (dug-out canoe) trips are perfect for birding, while boat trips are ideal for watching crocodiles, hippo and elephant.
The concession borders on to Chief’s Island, and walks here, as well as on smaller islands, are rewarding for spotting game. Walking, you might see tsessebe, impala, zebra, kudu, giraffe and buffalo. Warthog race away from you, tails high in the air, and baboon scamper up in to the trees, whooping and chattering as they go.
Suggested itineraries featuring Gunn's Concession
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Gunn's Concession, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
BotswanaView this tour
Botswana and ZambiaView this tour
Map of Gunn's Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Gunn's Concession
- Nxabega Concession 11 miles away
- Xudum Concession 11 miles away
- Stanleys Concession 15 miles away
- Xigera Concession 22 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 23 miles away
- Chief's Island 25 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 27 miles away
- Maun 28 miles away
- Abu Concession 29 miles away
- Jao Concession 37 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 42 miles away
- Shinde Concession 42 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 46 miles away
- Kwara Concession 47 miles away
- Khwai Concession 51 miles away
- Duba Concession 69 miles away
- Linyanti Concession 75 miles away
- Kwando Concession 78 miles away
- Selinda Concession 79 miles away
- Sepupa 94 miles away
- Savuti Area 100 miles away
- Linyanti Wetlands 105 miles away
- The Panhandle 105 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 107 miles away
- Chobe National Park 111 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 119 miles away
- Central Kalahari 121 miles away
- Ghanzi 174 miles away
Photos of Gunn's Concession
Accommodation choices for Gunn's Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Gunn's Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Located deep in the Okavango Delta, Oddballs Enclave is a simple, authentic safari camp overlooking a seasonal floodplain. From here, you can head out on bush walks and mokoro trips in search of wildlife.
Enjoying a secluded wilderness location in the heart of the Okavango Delta, Oddballs Camp is a relatively simple property that offers excellent value and a laid-back atmosphere.
Gunns Camp is a wonderful safari camp with a true history (it was one of the oldest camps in the Delta). It is situated in a beautiful spot, surrounded by channels, lagoons and lots of waterlilies.
Deep in the heart of the Moremi Wildlife Reserve, overlooking the legendary Chief's Island is Delta Camp. The camp is a bird watchers paradise with over with over 250 species, including rare one's such as the Pel's fishing owl.
Mostly a water based activity property, Belmond Eagle Island Lodge is an ideal retreat for relaxation, ideal to combine with another lodge where the emphasis is more land based. It is a luxurious property that boasts comfortable accommodation and good service.