Situated deep in the heart of the Okavango Delta, the Nxabega Concession is predominantly about water. Arriving by plane you can see the deep winding Bora River and twinkling channels crossed with a network of hippo paths and animal tracks.
Once on the ground you can explore the myriad of waterways further by boat and mokoro. Floating in wide lagoons you will find the waters carpeted with pink waterlilies, yellow gentians and the maroon water chestnut. The water is so clear you can see their green stems reaching to the sandy bottom.
The bird life is colourful and prolific with purple gallinules, black crakes, wattled cranes, squacco herons and slaty egrets easily seen. Finally, on the emerald-green floodplains red lechwe graze and saddle-billed storks fish for frogs.
Whilst game drives are possible on the larger islands amongst elephant, kudu, tsessebe, giraffe, lion and more, it’s really the water that’s the highlight here. Idyllically peaceful by day, at night the air fills with the clinking of reed frogs: unforgettable.
Suggested Nxabega Concession itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Nxabega Concession, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Nxabega Concession
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Nxabega Concession
- Gunn's Concession 11 miles away
- Xudum Concession 12 miles away
- Xigera Concession 12 miles away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 17 miles away
- Chief's Island 18 miles away
- Abu Concession 19 miles away
- Stanleys Concession 25 miles away
- Jao Concession 28 miles away
- Chitabe Concession 36 miles away
- Maun 36 miles away
- Vumbura Concession 37 miles away
- The Okavango Delta 37 miles away
- Shinde Concession 44 miles away
- Kwara Concession 49 miles away
- Khwai Concession 54 miles away
- Duba Concession 60 miles away
- Linyanti Concession 75 miles away
- Kwando Concession 76 miles away
- Selinda Concession 78 miles away
- Sepupa 85 miles away
- The Panhandle 96 miles away
- Savuti Area 102 miles away
- Linyanti Wetlands 107 miles away
- Chobe National Park 117 miles away
- Nxai Pan National Park 117 miles away
- Central Kalahari 127 miles away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 129 miles away
- Ghanzi 171 miles away
Accommodation choices for Nxabega Concession
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Nxabega Concession. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Nxabega Concession
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Nxabega Concession, and which use the best local guides.