The Savuti Area is a rich game area in the Chobe National Park. To the north the winding Linyanti River gives way to Namibia.
There is mopane veld, the dry Savuti Channel and a number of spectacular and very busy waterholes. As you might expect with such diverse environments the game is both prolific and varied.
Savuti's elephant population
The entire area is superb for elephant but they are possibly at their most spectacular besides the waterholes. Huge breeding herds numbering hundreds can be heard trumpeting their way through the bush coming to drink. As the sun sets, watching elephant emerge from the water then trundle up the yellow plains to the forest in a cloud of dust is one of the great sights of Africa.
Savuti's diverse fauna and flora
There are tall shady forests of jackalberry, leadwood, bird plum trees and knobthorn. Particularly large troops of baboon seem to frequent these areas, feeding in the trees, the sound of their crunching and barking echoing in the air.
Then, there are kudu, roan, sable, impala and buffalo. Warthog can be seen emerging from burrows in termite mounds early in the morning, francolins scuttle off the sandy roads and tiny bush babies can be seen leaping from tree to tree at night.
Map of Savuti Area
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Savuti Area
- Linyanti Wetlands 15 kilometers away
- Linyanti Concession 48 kilometers away
- Selinda Concession 58 kilometers away
- Chobe National Park 60 kilometers away
- Khwai Concession 80 kilometers away
- Kwando Concession 80 kilometers away
- Kwara Concession 86 kilometers away
- Shinde Concession 95 kilometers away
- Vumbura Concession 125 kilometers away
- Chitabe Concession 132 kilometers away
- Chief's Island 144 kilometers away
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve 144 kilometers away
- Stanley's Concession 152 kilometers away
- Jao Concession 156 kilometers away
- Xigera Concession 160 kilometers away
- Gunn's Concession 160 kilometers away
- The Okavango Delta 162 kilometers away
- Duba Concession 162 kilometers away
- Abu Concession 164 kilometers away
- Nxabega Concession 164 kilometers away
- Xudum Concession 177 kilometers away
- Nxai Pan National Park 184 kilometers away
- Maun 185 kilometers away
- Sepupa 193 kilometers away
- The Panhandle 206 kilometers away
- Makgadikgadi Pans, Kalahari 245 kilometers away
- Central Kalahari 332 kilometers away
- Ghanzi 438 kilometers away
Photos of Savuti Area
Accommodation choices for Savuti Area
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Savuti Area. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.