Visit Punta Islita, Costa Rica
Hotel Punta Islita opened in 1994 in an area where cattle ranching and wood extraction was the basis of the local economy. Prior to this, the area's tropical dry forest had been stripped due to the unsustainable practices that were being undertaken. Since the opening of Punta Islita, the environmental degradation has been reversed.
The hotel sponsors complimentary education, professional training, scholarships, student loans and English programmes. Investment in the local communities (9 in total with a population of approximately 1,300 people) has led to a growth of local enterprises ranging from seafood processing plants to furniture workshops and cafes. This has created a positive cycle that spurs further positive economical benefits. Active recycling programmes operate very successfully within the grounds of the hotel and employees are educated on this policy, which works very effectively.
Map of Punta Islita
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Punta Islita
- Northern Pacific Coast 27 miles away
- Tamarindo 43 miles away
- Playa Potrero 49 miles away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 55 miles away
- Tenorio Volcano 63 miles away
- Arenal Volcano 64 miles away
- Esterillos 66 miles away
- San Ramon 66 miles away
- Golfo de Papagayo 67 miles away
- Rincon de la Vieja 68 miles away
- Central Pacific Coast 78 miles away
- El Silencio Lodge 79 miles away
- Cano Negro 83 miles away
- San José & Central Valley 90 miles away
- Manuel Antonio 92 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 104 miles away
- San Gerardo de Dota 111 miles away
- Dominical 114 miles away
- Turrialba 117 miles away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 136 miles away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 142 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 181 miles away
- Manzanillo 188 miles away
Photos of Punta Islita
Accommodation choices for Punta Islita
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Punta Islita. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Punta Islita is a wonderful, peaceful place to stay and the perfect end to a trip to Costa Rica. Apart from the location, service and quality of the hotel we love it for its model approach to responsible tourism.