Visit Tofino, Canada
The small town of Tofino lies at the centre of Clayoquot Sound on Vancouver Island’s Pacific coast, poised between the crashing surf of Pacific rollers and towering rainforests inland.
Recently designated British Columbia’s first UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, the surrounding Pacific Rim National Park is a naturalist’s paradise.
Annual grey whale migration
The annual Pacific Rim Whale Festival takes place in March and for the two months that follow nearly 20,000 grey whales pass within five kilometres of the shore on their migration north from Mexico.
Black bears forage along the shoreline in giant cedar and ancient Sitka spruce rainforests while eagles swoop overhead: magical hiking country.
Suggested itineraries featuring Tofino
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Tofino, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Tofino
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Tofino
- Vancouver Island 59 kilometers away
- Campbell River 109 kilometers away
- Northern Vancouver Island 116 kilometers away
- The Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound 125 kilometers away
- Salt Spring Island 182 kilometers away
- Vancouver 202 kilometers away
- Victoria 203 kilometers away
- Port Hardy 209 kilometers away
- Whistler 238 kilometers away
- Bella Coola 365 kilometers away
- Naramata & Okanagan Valley 460 kilometers away
- Princess Royal Island 471 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Tofino
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Tofino. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Tofino
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Tofino, and which use the best local guides.