Visit Laurentian Mountains, Canada
Laurentian Mountains, Canada
The gentle, unhurried panoramas of the Laurentian Mountains unfold to the north of Montréal, sprinkled with lakes and picturesque villages.
Despite the recent blossoming of ski resorts, such as Mont St. Sauveur and Mont Tremblant, the land has remained generally untouched.
Activities in the Laurentian Mountains
The magnificent scenery makes a perfect backdrop for many outdoor pursuits, including hiking, fishing, kayaking and swimming. For cyclists, the 200 kilometre-long P’tit Train du Nord Linear Park is the perfect trail along the route of a former railway line.
We have discovered some wonderful places to stay that make great bases from which to explore this sublime landscape.
Suggested itineraries featuring Laurentian Mountains
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Laurentian Mountains, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Laurentian Mountains
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Laurentian Mountains
- Mont Tremblant less than 5 kilometers away
- Montréal 113 kilometers away
- Ottawa 120 kilometers away
- Mastigouche Wildlife Reserve 122 kilometers away
- Eastern Townships 254 kilometers away
- Québec City 270 kilometers away
- Algonquin Provincial Park 301 kilometers away
- Prince Edward County 319 kilometers away
- Haliburton 329 kilometers away
- Huntsville 370 kilometers away
- La Malbaie 377 kilometers away
- Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean 382 kilometers away
- Gravenhurst 398 kilometers away
- Port Severn 427 kilometers away
- Québec 456 kilometers away
- Toronto 470 kilometers away
- Niagara-on-the-Lake 481 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Laurentian Mountains
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Laurentian Mountains. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This hotel takes the form of a large log cabin hidden away in the woods. It occupies a prime lakeside location offering sweeping panoramas over the water and the surrounding forests, and it offers a plethora of wilderness activities.